I'm planning a trip (mostly by rail) across Europe. I've got two weeks and only a rought schedule and wondered if anyone had any insights.
I don't have many criteria, other than:
1) I'd like to spend the bulk of the trip in French speaking countries
2) I want to see if I can get to San Marino.
The rough schedule is:
Brussels - Luxembourg - Paris - Lyon - Lausanne - Milan - Rimini (San Marino) and then fly back to London, where I live.
I've already eliminated a ferry to Split as it just seemed like too much to cram in. Brussels is a quick stop-over where I can stay with a friend, so I'll be flying there on the Friday night and then leaving again on Saturday to get to France via Luxembourg. I'd like to be in Paris by the Tuesday as I may meet up with a friend who has Tuesdays off work.
Other than that, the rest is very flexible. I've done a comparison of driving/rail costs and rail looks cheaper, even with the flight in from London to Brussels.
I'd love to know the thoughts of anyone who has made similar trips. Thanks in advance for being so welcoming to a first time poster.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Which Area in London?
- 5 family trip to Germany and more
- 6 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 7 Trains - website?
- 8 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 9 Paris Apartment
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 12 Barcelona to Malaga
- 13 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 14 Milan airport--which one
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 17 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 18 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 19 1st time to Europe
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach