Departing out of Linate airport Milan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are spending the last 2-3 nights of our honeymoon in Bellagio on Lake Como. Our flight leaves out of the Linate airport at 1pm. First, I'm wondering if we should plan on staying our last night in Bellagio and then leave for the airport in the morning, or if it makes more sense to spend our last night in Milan to make it easier to get to the airport to catch our flight. If staying in Milan makes more sense, any hotel suggestions that are close to the airport?

Secondly, I'm wondering what is the best way to get from Bellagio to the Linate airport (train, car, driver, etc.). I'm interested in how long it will take depending on the mode of transportation, cost, convenience, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 11:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The "best" way is a private driver picking you up at your Bellagio lodging and dropping you at the Linate Airport. It could take 90 minutes. That's also the most expensive option, so it depends on what you mean by "best."

If you want to use public trans, you'd ferry to Varenna, walk to the train station, train to Milano Centrale and bus or taxi to Linate. The overall travel time depends on how long you wait for the train, the bus, etc. I think 2 hours would be extremely optimistic.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

How much would it cost to have a driver pick you up and drop you off at the airport?
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 01:33 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Go to http://www.davideguerrera.com/eng/. Send him an email and ask his rate for your trip. We have used him several times, very responsive and less expensive than other drivers. He is based in Como.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 04:51 PM

We stayed at a hotel 5 minutes from Linate. Nice staff, great breakfast and free shuttle for a good price

Air hotel Milano Linate