Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 https://www.seremolynbuy.com/lutrevia-youth-cream/
- 2 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 3 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 6 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 7 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 8 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 9 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 10 Paris November 2017
- 11 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 12 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 13 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 14 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 15 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 16 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 17 Current plan for March trip
- 18 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 19 Spain in 2018
- 20 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 21 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 25 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria