Brussels lodging near Grand Place

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2015, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for lodging near the grand place here we could have higher odds of an early check in. This will be our first stop on an international flight so would prefer option where we might be able to freshen up and rest before starting our sightseeing that day.
Per my research, Im reading that a savvy shopper should be able to find good summer deals in Brussels lodging. I like everything about Hotel Amigio, but think i should try to find a better value. I'm looking for good location, clean and quiet. Does anyone have direct experience and can provide other recommendations? ($100-150 range). Merci!
Old Jun 4th, 2015, 06:50 AM

yes...we tried the Mozart, walking distance to all over town, It's funky as hell...but also fun. Good bkfsts. We were satisfied...it was cheapo four years ago...dunno about now.
It ain't the Four Seasons, Madame Blue Slipper....but it won't break your budget. Owners are pleasant and helpful.
Stu
Old Jun 4th, 2015, 07:50 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Stayed at the the Amigo and it was lovely. Perhaps you can find a good deal there?
Old Jun 4th, 2015, 08:16 AM

Blue Slipper...here are some pics of the Mozart..Oriental style and all....did I say "funky"...? If I recall, it was just a blocok from Grand Place

http://www.expedia.com/Brussels-Hote...FUiPfgodWSoAKg
Old Jun 4th, 2015, 08:27 AM

When are you traveling? If you arrive on a week-end, you can find lots of hotel deals, esp. if you're willing to get a bit away from the GP. You can easily reach the GP from the Louise area, for example.

I checked a week-end in late summer and there were some very good hotels in your price range or lower. Like The Hotel, one of the best hotels in the city, for 125 per night, double room.

Or Le Coup de Coeur, right near the Sablon and an easy walk from the GP, for 142.

The Warwick on the Avenue Louise is a 4-star property and within walking distance of some of the best moderately priced, non-chain restaurants in town. A double is going for $90.

There is so much more to enjoy in the Brussels than the GP (stunning as that is) that IMO, you would find staying a bit farther away so much better in so many ways.
Old Jun 4th, 2015, 08:37 AM

We ended up with a steal at the Marriott Brussels (Bourse).

We needed to have two rooms for our party of three, and I had made arrangements elsewhere (where, I cannot remember, sorry!).

At the last minute, on a whim, I called Marriott to check for any deals (we had already landed a good deal in Amsterdam where we need a 2 and 2 arrangement), and somehow were able to put our oldest daughter on a sort of cot in a suite that had two baths on the Concierge Floor.

Yeah, her back hurt as a result, but she wasn't paying for the trip and she has survived.

Again, this was a last-minute booking.

Since we were using Brussels as our base for daytrips, the instant access to Grand Place and the Central Train Station made our arrangement an even better deal.

The Concierge Floor meant that our breakfast cost was 0, and for at least two nights, using the appetizers provided in the lounge, we just skipped dinner, making sure we had a good lunch "on the road."

Good luck!
AZ
Old Jun 4th, 2015, 08:48 AM

I have stayed at The Dominican twice and highly recommend it:

http://www.thedominican.be/default-en.html

Great location, very nice rooms, bar, restaurant. All good.
Old Jun 4th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

Wonderful suggestions! Thank you all for taking time to post. I'll check out all the options!
Old Jun 4th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Mozart.... Funky is right!