Brussels Hotels for g-friends b-day?

Mar 13th, 2001, 09:38 AM
Brett

Brussels Hotels for g-friends b-day?

Hey all, I am looking for a "special", quaint hotel in Brussels to stay for my girlfriend's Birthday. I want to spend less than $250 if posible and need easy acces to the airport. Any ideas?

Mar 13th, 2001, 09:53 AM
Thomas

We found the Metropole Hotel to be special to us. Oldworld feeling, nice bar/cafe, quaint lobby. Great location for sightseeing/walking. Not sure about the airport but transportation is uncomplicated. Check with Belgium Tourist office, www.visitbelgium.com or check in NYC 780 Third AVenue NYNY 10017, 212 758-8130

Mar 13th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Deena

Brett- You can't get more special or charming than Le Dixseptieme. We stayed there three years ago and loved it. The rooms are quaintly decorated. It is located very close to the Grand Place and not far from the train station (easy walking distance). The staff was very helpful. Check out the 'rants and raves' section of this site. You will see a lot of happy past visitors to this lovely little hotel.

Mar 13th, 2001, 01:26 PM
PB

You've received great suggestions so far... there is also the Amigo Hotel, just off the Grand Place and within walking distance of the Central Train station where you can catch the shuttle train to the airport.

PB

Mar 14th, 2001, 12:04 AM
Santa Chiara

I second the recommendation for the Le Dixseptieme. I am in and out of Brussels fairly regularly, and it is the best place I have found not only in Brussels but almost anywhere. And actually it's even closer to the train station that to the Gran Place (the easiest way to and from the airport is by train).

Only problem with Le Dixseptieme is that the limited number of rooms means that reservations are difficult to come by.

Mar 14th, 2001, 01:03 PM
devona

The Amigo is great. We stayed there in Oct of 1999, and would not hesitate to stay there again. Its just steps from the Grand Place. They have great weekend rates, about 1/2 the price of the weekday rack rate.