Brussels: Getting from Brussels Midi (Eurostar) to Gare du Luxembourg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am taking the Eurostar from Paris to Brussels Midi Station, but my hotel is right outside Gare du Luxembourg. Can anyone tell me what public transportation I can take to get to get from Midi to Gare du Luxembourg?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 17th, 2010, 10:55 PM

Trains run from Bruxelles-Midi to Bruxelles-Luxembourg frequently: here is the Belgian railways website so you can check for yourself the appropriate time:

http://www.b-rail.be/main/index.html

You can select the language, and use the station names I gave you above, and you will get your choice of trains.

Brussels is also small enough that you could take a taxi and the fare wouldn't be ridiculous. There are probably also connections via the metro and buses (I think Porte de Namur and Trône would be close) but I would think either train (not metro) or taxi would be a simpler bet (or you wouldn't have to drag your bags too far).

Lavandula
Old Oct 17th, 2010, 11:09 PM

Agree with Lavandula. Either a local train or taxi would be the quickest option. If you do get the train, then I believe your train ticket from Paris is valid for onward travel to any Belgian station.

Alternatively, you could get the bus number 27 (runs every 15 minutes or so) which goes directly from the Gare du Midi to Place du Luxembourg and would take about 20 minutes. You would have to buy a ticket from the machine at the bus stop or the bus driver, however.