Brussels, copenhagen or Berlin in Dec

Old Oct 9th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brussels, copenhagen or Berlin in Dec

Hello everyone!

I will be in Amsterdam for 4 days in the beginning of Dec and was thinking of extending my stay for a few more days. I am essentially looking for a city that is festive, beautiful, good museums/cafes/restaurants/bar and has good night life. It came down to Brussels, Copenhagen vs Berlin. I was wondering if you guys can help me narrow down to 1 city!

Ps Vienna is no longer in the list because the flights are getting too expensive

Thank you in advance!
Old Oct 9th, 2017, 01:24 PM

I don't feel completely qualified to answer as the last time I was in Copenhagen in Dec was 1985, but both Berlin and Brussels will have Christmas markets. I would pick one of those two because they are not as far north as Copenhagen and you might just have slightly more temperate conditions. Berlin will even have several markets. Excellent to visit at night. Both Berlin and Brussels tick all your other boxes.

Lavandula
Old Oct 9th, 2017, 01:33 PM

Berlin has the more important museums, if that counts.
Old Oct 9th, 2017, 01:34 PM

Brussels only 2 hours by Thalys train - and as cheap as 29 euros each way - www.thalys.com -book ASAP for limited in number deep discounted tickets - maybe do a day trip from Brussels to incredibly quain Bruges and come back to Brussels active night life at night. and there are many neat day trips from Amsterdam - to a more real Dutch town very different from Amsterdam -for lots on trains check www.seat61.com; www.budgeteuropetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com.

Brussels yes to have warmer if not drier weather at that time of year.

Been to all three several times and Copenhagen would be my choice for a few days - more compact than Berlin - Brussels leaves many non-plused though it depends on what you are looking for - once of the least dreamy large cities in Europe IMO.