Brunos Car Rental in Malaga

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Steve

Brunos Car Rental in Malaga

Hi,

anyone ever hear of this company? I am headed to Mijas, a village near Malaga, in December, and I just found this website during a search. I'm a bit concerned about not renting a car from a well-known company, but the rates look good and the place seems ok.

Thanks for any comments.

Steve

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 07:10 AM
Steve

forgot the url: <http://www.brunoscar.com/>

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 11:33 PM
steve

Just wanted to let everyone know that I rented from brunoscar and it was a pleasant experience:

Arrived in Málaga, picked up my luggage and walked straight to the parking lot (at predesignated area indicated on their website).

The car was waiting for me. I rented a Fiat Punto for 133 a week, including all insurance and taxes. I also paid 32 Eur. for full tank of Gas. I gave them my cc no. and left. The whole process took 5 minutes.

The car was not brand new, had some dings and scratches on the outside (but ran fine). This is probably because you are not liable for any dings whatsoever with this company. I like this concept better, rather than worrying about paying the deductible up front, like with other companies.

Drop-off was even easier. I drove to the same parking lot section at the Málaga airport, locked the car, put the key in the trunk and left.

No hidden fees or extra charges.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of renting a car in Málaga or elsewhere in Andalucía.

Steve

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Julie

Thank you Steve for the information. Always interested in other options. Has anyone else rented from them and had a good experience?

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 11:13 PM
Laura

Steve,
Was your Fiat Punto a good car for the hills/mountains of Andalucia? Did it have enough passing acceleration?

I'm tempted to try Bruno's, although they sent a canned reply to my email in which I asked if I could reserve a particular car. The only drawback for me is having to park the car in Seville for 4-5 days, which will cost about 15 euros a day. But then again, I won't have to turn in the car and pick it up again 4 days later.