I'm in the early stage of sketching out an itinerary. First of all I need to ask if it would better to travel to the Dordogne in June or September? I can do it either time. I've heard the weather can be better in fall, but not sure if my source is correct.
I'm planning to use public transit & private guides. I just don't want to drive by myself in a foreign country. I've traveled solo many times -- always using trains/ buses (and sometimes local guides in minivans). I've never been to the Dordogne.
Fly into Brussels, train to Bruges 2 or 3 nights
Paris -- 3 or 4 nights
Chenonceaux (the town - next to the famous chateau - I've never been there) 2 nights
Sarlat --4 or 5 nights
(hire a private driver/guide to visit Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Chateau des Milandes, Domme, Font du Gaume -- etc.
Carcassonne (maybe-not sure) 2 nights.
Fly out Toulouse.
(After Previewing my post just now, it struck me that I may not have much fun touring the Dordogne region with a local guide. Hmmm.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 2 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 3 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 4 Once upon a time in Italy
- 5 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 6 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 7 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 8 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 9 beware of robbed in Milan
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 12 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 16 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 17 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 21 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 22 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 23 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 24 Barcelona to Malaga
- 25 Which Area in London?