Bruges - Hotel t'Zand

Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruges - Hotel t'Zand

I've got a 2 night trip to Bruges in September. I originally asked for and got great advice and booked the Hotel Egmond. My friend and I thought it would be a nice splurge. We've since decided that a nice splurge would be to get 2 single rooms, which is possible for about the same price as a double at the Egmond. We both live alone and think having some space in the middle of our trip might be nice.

I've found the Hotel t'Zand, they have 2 single rooms available for 60 Euro each/night. The hotel opened in March, I think it is newly renovated and has a name change but I'm not sure. The location seems good, near the t'Zand. It has A/C, television, phone, breakfast included. I cannot find reviews of it here or on tripadvisor, but on the website www.bookings.be it has gotten good reviews.

Has anyone heard anything about this hotel? Or have any other recs for a single room at about 60 Euro/night?

Thanks!
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

I found the previous name of this hotel - Hotel-Boudewijn1.

It is newly renovated.
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:51 AM
Original Poster

topping this for the day crew!
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:34 AM

Sorry I cant help with the hotel question, but at least my reply will put you to the top again!
If youre looking for a nice eaterie in Brugge, try Bistro Den Huzaar. Just off the main square the address is Vlamingstraat 36,8000 Brugge.
We had a wonderful lunch there.
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the lunch recommendation. Maybe I'll just be a pioneer and book it. I'll report back!
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Just returned from my trip and wanted to comment about Hotel 't Zand. I loved it! The hotel is newly renovated and was re-opened with new owner and name in March 2006. here is an attached restaurant that was re-opened a year ago - the food was marvelous.

The decor of the hotel is modern, the rooms were good-sized and it had A/C - which was only needed one night. I had a single room with 2 twin beds (the most comforatable bed on this trip), flat screen television, 2 cupboards and night stands and a desk. The room was in the back of the hotel. there is a room with the toilet and a separate room for the tub/shower and sink. The tub/shower was awesome! I love a bubble bath after a day of walking and this tub was deep and long enough enough to stretch out. There was also a shower that you could adjust so you could stand up. Also, the breakfast buffet was included and included meat, cheese, yogurt, cereal, juice, eggs and sausage, and a variety of breads and rolls.

The location is on the pedestrian plaza. I liked it because we were close to shopping and to the things we wanted to do. The rooms were 60 euro for a single. I would definitely stay here again.
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 06:01 AM

Will take note of that hotel - sounds good.