brown's hotel mayfair

Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

brown's hotel mayfair

Just returned from London staying at the brown's hotel. We had researched the best of hotels on luxury link, and found a great long weekend deal at the brown's. Trip advisor and others rated the hotel in such a way that led us to believe that it would be "just okay". Well, we had a great experience. Small, quaint, accomodating, and first class. After having stayed and visited some of the best resorts in the world, we recommend Brown's to all.

If you enjoy small, first class service, drinks and cigars after long days shopping and museum browsing, and a truly British experience--select the Brown's.

Questions? Feel free.

Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:27 PM

Have had tea at Brown's a couple of time and would love to stay there. But I'm most interested in your experience with luxurylink.com/ Did you get your weekend at auction? Once you bought the weekend did you have any trouble getting the hotel to give you the dates that you wanted? Thanks.

Jan 24th, 2004, 02:11 PM

We've stayed at Brown's on five different occasions and always loved it. It feels the way an English hotel SHOULD feel, like something out of a Noel Coward play. One of our visits was at the time we were celebrating our 25th anniversary, and the manager sent us little gifts every day that we were there: chocolates, champagne, flowers. It was very hard to leave!
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:44 PM

hi mathisn,

I aspire to one day stay a week at browns hotel.

We had an afternoon tea there our last trip and it was absolutely lovely!

beautiful interior and wonderful food during the tea. the downstairs womens loo was a dream!

I have seen the room photos on the web, but have a question for you. are they spacious?

Jan 25th, 2004, 10:27 AM
vcl

Some rooms are very spacious; others are not. Years ago when we stayed there it was pretty much the luck of the draw. Three out of four visits we had huge rooms with gorgeous antique sofas, tables, chairs, escritoire et al. Once we had a tiny, although charmingly decorated room we figured must have been designed as a servant's room. I'm sure the decor has undergone some changes, but I doubt the sizes of the rooms has.

V.
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:40 AM

Erinb,

We stayed for a week at Brown's last summer only because we landed one of their "family room" specials-- two rooms, one king bedded, one twin bedded, two bathrooms, for about $525 per night. We thought for the four of us that was quite a good deal!

Our rooms had no view, but we weren't tripping on the luggage, and the beds were absolutely divine! So was the service and location. My only minor complaint was that breakfast was really terrible and expensive, but with so many cafes and Starbucks a few blocks away, no big deal.

Jan 29th, 2004, 11:29 AM

If you're interested in Brown's Hotel, you might enjoy reading the Agatha Christie novel, "At Bertram's Hotel." She said she based her fictional hotel on the real Brown's Hotel.