We are heading to Europe in May and would like some suggestion/critique on our route from Normandy to Brittany. We are in our early 30s and have been traveling quite a bit past few years. Our biggest interests are good food, historic architecture & beautiful scenery.
We plan to spend first 3 nights in Paris to get over the jetlag. Then take the train to Rouen and rent a car there to explore the Normandy and Brittany coast for 4 nights. Here is the draft of our itinerary starting day 4:
Day 4: Train from Paris to Rouen. Get rental car, leave luggage in rental car that park in the rental parking lot, and check out Rouen. Then drive to Honfluer. Stay the night here.
Day 5: Check out the cliff of Etretat, Le Harve and Bayeux. Stay in Bayeux.
Day 6: D Day beach, then drive to Dinan. Stay in Dinan.
Day 7: Check out Mont St Michel in the early morning. Then explore St Malo/ Cancale (since we love oyster). Stay in Dinan
Day 8: Return car to Rennes and take train back to Paris.
Please critique on the itinerary and the base cities that I chose. Also any accomodation recommendation in these cities would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 2 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 3 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 4 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 Moscow Hotels
- 16 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Dublin to Donegal
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 22 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 23 Barcelona tour option help please
- 24 New Years in France
- 25 Greece -- Alternative to Athens