Went out to an Indian restaurant last night and on the menu was what it said was "Britain's national dish" - Tandoori Tikka Masal - a dish supposedly created for British tastes by Bangladeshi or Indian cooks.
The menu also said that there was no tea in India before the British took over.
But back to Britain's national dish - tikka masal - REALLY!
I would have thunk it were Yorkshire Pud or Fish and Chips or Spag Bol - is there any such thing considered Britain's national dish - is it really Tikka Masala?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://xtrfact.com/priaboost-male-enhancement/
- 2 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 3 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 6 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 7 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 8 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 9 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 10 Paris November 2017
- 11 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 12 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 13 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 14 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 15 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 16 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 17 Current plan for March trip
- 18 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 19 Spain in 2018
- 20 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 21 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 25 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria