Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Bristol Hotel, Sorrento /Ever hear of it?

Jul 1st, 2001, 08:47 AM
diane

Anyone ever stay here? Can't find any info
and its on my tour package. Thanks.

Jul 1st, 2001, 12:28 PM
Linda

Diane, I never personally heard of this hotel. But I did a search on the web and came up with this info.
At 222.dunia.org/Italy/city/hotels/031077.htm they said "hotel situated i the marvellous setting of the Costerier Sorrentina. It offers all modern comforts and the view of an enchanting panorama. Disco is open only in summer tme." Also, double price in high season is 350.000 LIT. It is a 4*, with a pool, restaurant, elevator, and bar.
The hotel has its own web site at htp://www.acampora.it/hotelbristol/.
Hope this helps.

Jul 5th, 2001, 03:25 AM
Kay

Hi Diane,
You are in for a treat! We stayed there a couple of years ago as part of a tour and thought it was great. The view is magnificent, hope you get an oceanview room as some rooms apparently had no view at all.
The hotel is about a 15 min walk into town, built into a cliff. There is a pool on the top floor and the dining room has the same great view over the harbour.
Be very careful when you step outside the hotel front door, as you will be right on the main road, with mopeds and buses whizzing by. We were worried it might be noisy at night but had no problem.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Kay

Jul 7th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Diane

Dear Kay and Linda,

Thanks for your replys.

Jul 7th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Mary Clair

We were in Sorrento 2 years ago and stayed at the Sorrento Palace Hotel. Magnificent! We enjoyed Sorrento so much -- we can't wait to return. Last year we were in the Tuscany area and stayed in the spa town of Chiancianno between Rome and Florence. Beautiful. We hope to go to Sicily next year to visit the town of my grandfather - south of Palermo. The name of the town is Bisaquino. Anyone ever heard of it?? Their only claim to fame is that the famous director Frank Capra came from there. Its south of Palermo just down from the town of Corleone, but I don't know if there is public transportation. Has anyone been in this area of Palermo??

Jul 15th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Geraldine

Hello Diane!
We have just returned 2 days ago from the Hotel Bristol. It was great. The views and the service.The pool is lovely and the rooms have brilliant views over the bay.The food is very good and the staff very friendly and helpful.Worth noting they do not except cash payment for anything you order even a coffee everything goes on your bill and you pay when you leave. You can ask to see your bill at reception and they will show it to you on the computer. You can find their web site at
www.acampora.it Hope you have a lovely holiday and make sure you go to Positano,Ravello and Pompeii. Would love to hear from you on your return. Geraldine

Jul 15th, 2001, 02:42 PM
Diane

Thanks everyone for your replys, Can't wait to go...