Brief Tours of Florence and Venice?

Old Mar 4th, 1997, 09:48 PM
Steve Korecki

Brief Tours of Florence and Venice?

I will be in Florence at the end of March for one or two days, and then in Venice for one or two days over Easter. We have never done any real international travel before, and would like to get the most out of our brief time in these cities. Could anyone suggest some brief tours, or information on how to locate them?

Thank you in advance!!!

Old Mar 5th, 1997, 09:58 PM
Andrew

We were in both in March two years ago on our first trip also and saw plenty. Fodor's Italy for all our sightseeing, planning and hotels was great. Michelangelo's David a must see. Our hotel at Ponte Vecchio over looking the river was moderate, within walking distance to important sights and quaint. Venice - have to over look a canal to add to romance. Staying close to Marco Polo Plaza is nice. If you have the time and money, take a gondola with a singing organ player or guitarist before sunset along with a jacket. It can be breezy and cool.

Old Mar 10th, 1997, 07:03 PM
randal rhea

Call this guide Ignazio Sciara. 00360-903316 He was my tour guide for two days in Florence. He knows the area well, and he speaks English well with little accent. Florence was my favorite destination I visited on a nine country trip last fall. There are many historic sites, wonderful nightlife, and safe streets. I hope you have fun.

Old Apr 17th, 1997, 09:02 AM
Murphy

I'm going next week -- tell me about your trip!

Old Apr 17th, 1997, 09:19 AM
steve

In Venice we took a walking tour through American Express and found it informative and a good overview. I suggest taking a tour at the very beginning of your trip so you can get somewhat oriented. Also, the Fodor's Guide has good suggestions for walking tours which we enjoyed.