I am planning my first trip outside of the US. I am a 28 year old female traveling to Italy in August alone...which is a little scary! That being said, this is my dream trip and I am looking forward to having the freedom to do whatever *I* want to do!
I have read so much but am looking for a little help on planning the logistics and finding out if my tentative plans are actually feasible. I have a flight but no hotels, which is the next project (hoping I can get them because I know this is late!)
My current, constantly fluid plans:
Fly into Venice in the morning, possibly take the afternoon to get the express tour of Venice - I will be met by relatives that live in Nave/Brescia.
Spend 3 more days in the Brescia/Lake Garda area where I will be staying with family who will be showing me around. I can't wait to see where my family comes from!
Take a train to Sorrento (hopefully see a little bit of Sorrento), then a hydrofoil to Positano (this is a major priority for me).
Stay in Positano for about 3 days, then travel by bus to Naples (hopefully see a tiny slice of Naples), and get a train to Rome.
Spend 5 days in Rome, then fly home.
I also want to see Pompeii - could I do this "on the way" on a traveling day or does it need to be a separate trip? I love history so I am excited about this.
Is this all feasible, any suggestions on hotels, etc? Is there anything huge I am missing???
ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO $ 1888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h by 24*7v
- 2 10 days in europe
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 Trans Siberian Train
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 GTG Paris December 2017
- 10 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 11 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 14 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 15 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 16 Greece during Easter week or August
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 19 The World's Greatest Churches
- 20 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 My France Vacation
- 25 Paris November 2017