Breakfasts places in London

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 09:40 AM
bill

Breakfasts places in London

Just wondering if anyone has special breakfast places, in London, we like to walk
and are interested in differenct neighborhoods.
Thanks,
Bill

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 10:01 AM
Tammy

Last April my Mom and I stayed in the Knightsbridge area, and ate breakfast a couple of times at a place right around the corner from our hotel. The name of the place is Mima's and it is located on a pedestrian street I think called Knightsbridge Green. It is right around the corner from Harrods and across the street from Hyde Park. The prices were very reasonable for the full English breakfast and the food was good too. It isn't fancy, but we enjoyed it.

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 10:57 AM
iolhjj

test

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 02:17 PM
Patrick

A really special place is Simpson's in the Strand (part of the Savoy group, and adjoining the hotel). Really first class and elegantly served full English breakfast. Also Fortnum and Mason's is very good and probably the most reasonably priced thing about that establishment. There are several neat places in the Clerkenwell Market area --did I spell that right?

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 02:39 PM
sharon

In Mayfair on North Audley St between Oxford St & Grosvenor Sq is a pastry shop (on the right heading from Oxford St towards Grosvenor Sq) that has a small breakfast backroom - you can get light breakfasts (omlettes with salmon, etc) along with some of their delicious french pastries. I always forget the name but remember the locale..a couple shops down is a wine bar that is very popular with US Embassy personnel. I sent my parents to the pastry shop for a Sunday morning breakfast then they wandered thru Mayfair over to Green Park to the Spencer House, which is only open on Sundays, for the guided tour. And after that, they headed via tube to St.Pauls for an afternoon concert (& probably stopped for tea in the little cafe in the StPauls crypt which opened up a year or so ago). They said it was one of the most relaxing enjoyable days they had on that trip.