Notices

Breakfast cafes in Dresden

Mar 19th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Breakfast cafes in Dresden

My wife and I will be staying at the Westin Bellevue in Dresden for four nights. We neither want a huge buffet breakfast (nor want the 17-18E pp price) and would like to find nearby cafes in the Innere Neustadt area for breakfast. Any suggestions?
Mar 19th, 2014, 12:21 PM

Across the street from the Westin Bellevue is the pedestrian zone "Hauptstrasse", a nice shopping boulevard. There are several bakeries/breakfast cafes there. Try these e.g.:

Schwarzmarktcafe http://cafe-eisold.de/cafes.html

Schäfer's (Hauptstr. 24, from 7 am)

In the same block like Schwarzmarktcafe, entrances side street, is a market hall with many shops, grocery, bakeries etc. - have a look at that, too.
Mar 20th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

Ingo, thank you very much. The Trip Advisor site is a bit sketchy on this issue. We travel a lot and firmly believe in "When in Rome..." but with more-than-what-we-usually-eat for lunch and dinners out every evening, the huge breakfast buffets would do us in. A light breakfast near the hotel will be perfect.
Mar 20th, 2014, 12:04 PM

You're welcome, Paolo. Btw, I forgot the bakery Dreyßig, also on Hauptstraße, open from 7 am on, even on Sundays. So it looks like you have enough options.

Enjoy your stay in Dresden!

Search this Thread