I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GTG Paris December 2017
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 Barcelona to Malaga
- 6 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 7 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 8 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 9 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 10 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Which Area in London?
- 13 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 18 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 22 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 23 Transportation in Brittany
- 24 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 Trains - website?