Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Boutique Relais Bramante or Hotel Campo de' Fiori - Rome

Nov 7th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Hi Again,

Does anyone have an opinion of either of these hotels? Boutique Relais Bramante or Hotel Campo de' Fiori in Navona area.

I'm looking for a central location from which we can walk to a lot of sites. Prefer a smaller historical hotel, that's abit quieter during sleeping hours (I'm sure that's what everyone wants) and in a quaint neighborhood (ie: cobblestone side street or whatnot).

Both of these hotels seem to fit the bill. Has anyone stayed at either or both and if so, do you have any feedback?

We are open to any other suggestions, as well.

Thank you,

Shelley
Nov 7th, 2019, 02:12 PM

I can't speak to either of those.

We did love our hotel and your comments about the quiet side street describes one of the things we liked best about the hotel's location. But it's not close to your two choices -
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ome_Lazio.html
Hotel Raffaello
Nov 7th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Original Poster

Hi Starrs - that looks lovely but unfortunately not quite the area where we want to be ☹️
Nov 7th, 2019, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by swanner View Post
Hi Starrs - that looks lovely but unfortunately not quite the area where we want to be ☹️
Understood. But when you mentioned the side street, that was one of the best things about where we stayed.

Good luck making your decision.
Nov 8th, 2019, 09:13 AM

I have stayed at the Portoghesi which seems to answer your needs. I'm very fond of the location and now that we rent, we stick to renting within a block or two. Friends and former clients also like this a lot.

https://www.hotelportoghesiroma.it/?...SAAEgLRMfD_BwE
Nov 8th, 2019, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Yes, the surrounding area sounds exactly like what we are looking for....thanks again for the info.
Nov 8th, 2019, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Hi Tuscanlifeedit - Yes, that hotel looks like it could be a good option. Thanks so much for the recommendation. I"m going to look into this one right now.

Shelley
Nov 9th, 2019, 11:03 AM

swanner, we've stayed in locations all around the centro and this one is consistently our favorite. There are multiple busses and taxi stands with a short block, and it's lovely here. If you've seen Eat Pray Love, this is where the apartment in the movie was located. The book too, I guess.
Nov 9th, 2019, 11:15 AM

The Navona's square, at night time is quieter than Campo de' Fiori
Nov 9th, 2019, 04:02 PM

Hi Swanner - I've stayed at Hotel Campo de Fiori on two occasions, but have not stayed at Relais Bramante. Great location around the corner, but not directly facing Campo de Fiori. We did not have any issues with late night noise. The hotel is small, and some rooms are equally small, but very well-appointed. Buffet breakfast is served in the basement and includes a wide selection of cold options. We (group of friends) enjoyed the roof terrace, especially at sunset with a glass wine listening to the church bells. Staff was very helpful in assisting us with dinner reservations, directions and transport options. Again great location, lots of nearby restaurants, roof terrace and convenient laundry service around the corner. Enjoy your time in Rome!
Nov 9th, 2019, 11:47 PM
Original Poster

Lauricio - thank you for the information. I've wondered about that so I appreciate you letting me know. I've been looking near Piazza Navona for that very reason.

Shelley
Nov 9th, 2019, 11:50 PM
Original Poster

HI BagTraveler - appreciate your note. We actually have reservations at Campo de Foiri already so we end up staying there although I am concerned about the noise so I continue to look for feedback. I'm happy to hear that your experience was a good one.

Shelley
Nov 10th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Hi Starrs,

I wonder if I could bother you for some help on using this site. I've not figured out how to do a search to bring up old threads that may have already answered some of my Q's. When I go to the "search" tool in the middle of the screen off to the right abit, and put in something like Campo de Fiori hotel recommendations, I come up empty. I know there are threads out there that I can reference, but I can't seem to figure out how to do the search. I'm wondering if you know how to and if so, could you let me know how it's done?

I feel like an idiot because I know it's something very easy, I recall doing searches before, but somehow I can't seem to recall how it's done.

Thanks for your help.

Shelley
Nov 10th, 2019, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Hi - any thoughts on the DOM Hotel?

https://www.domhotelroma.com/en/?adb...BoCkT0QAvD_BwE

Looking thru reviews it seems to be in a quiet corner yet near Campo di Fiori.

It's a bit bigger and not as historic/local charm as we'd like, but the idea of "quiet" is pretty appealing.

Shelley
Nov 10th, 2019, 10:43 AM

On a quiet square overlooking the Pantheon, the Grand Hotel de la Minerve.
Nov 10th, 2019, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by swanner View Post
Hi Starrs,

I wonder if I could bother you for some help on using this site. I've not figured out how to do a search to bring up old threads that may have already answered some of my Q's.
Choose "search" in the top right of the screen.
Then choose "Advanced search"
Type in the key words in the box = Campo de Fiori hotel
Look to the right (scroll down a bit) and click on the Europe box
I unclick the "child forum" box. I have no idea what that means.
Then go to the bottom and choose "search".
You'll get a list of a lot of threads.

Personally, I think TripAdvisor is a better resource for reviewing hotels.
Nov 10th, 2019, 02:56 PM

swanner: We stayed at Campo de' Fiori and loved it. The roof top terrace alone is worth the price of admission. Our room overlooked a small piazza and we never heard noise. The breakfast was great, the staff was wonderful. We walked almost everywhere, only used taxis when we had time constraints. 5 star recommendation!
Nov 10th, 2019, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Hi rmfish - thanks for the note and the recommendation. I'm going to take a look at it right now.

Shelley
Nov 10th, 2019, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

Starrs - thank you very much. I think the steps you listed are exactly what I've been doing except I didn't do the last 2 steps: child forum and search again at the bottom.
I'll give it a try using your steps.

Much appreciated and I'm going to take your advice and look at Tripadvisor, too.

Thanks again,

Shelley
Nov 10th, 2019, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

eastenderusvi - Thanks for the information. It's very helpful. We'll be there jan 1-4 so I'm not sure if we'll be able to take advantage of the rooftop but that aside, it sounds like you had a great time with no noise, and that sounds promising to me.

We have reservations there already so I may just stay the course. Having been there before, are there any rooms you can recommend, besides the one you described (it may not be available) so if you have add'l suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you, again. I very much appreciate the positive review

Shelley

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO