Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   BOSTON GTG OCTOBER 10, 2009 (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/boston-gtg-october-10-2009-a-777582/)

rhkkmk Apr 7th, 2009 08:18 AM

BOSTON GTG OCTOBER 10, 2009

plans have finally come together for our 2009 GTG in the Boston area..

we will begin at 7PM on Friday nite (oct 9) with a pre-GTG dinner of indian food at a fabulous indian restaurant andy, beth, karen and i love called Punjab.... its located at the junction of rte 60 and Mass avenue in arlington center at 473 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington, MA....plenty of parking.... cash only.

the GTG will be held at BOKX 109 American Prime Restaurant in the Indigo Hotel, 399 Grove Street, Newton, MA commencing about 11AM on Saturday October 10, 2009. A buffet luncheon will be served about 1PM... the cost will be approximately $30 inclusive (coffee and tea only)... more interesting drinks are available on a cash basis...

the hotel has rooms available, but i think that just as past years, we will use the summerfield suites location in Waltham as our GTG htqrs.....similar prices to the burlington location seem to dictate this....
other hotels in the area are: westin, waltham; courtyard, waltham; newton marriott; summerfield suites, waltham; needham sheraton and many others as well as the cambridge hotels (sonesta, marriott, res inn, inn at harvard, charles hotel, wyndham, hyatt, le meridien, etc) and all the boston hotels...

this is college football time so book early...

saturday nite (10-10) we will gather for thai food at similans restaurant on first street in cambridge at 7PM (145 Frist Street, Cambridge, MA)--lechmere section of cambridge..... this is thai food at its best... we have been there before and eat family style and then divide up the check... booze seperate billing...

just like the LA GTG, we do everything on a cash basis making things much easier to settle the check.....no credit cards please....

a good european group has always attended in the past and we look forward to more this year....

a sunday morning brunch will be planned if there is enough interest....

contact us here or on [email protected] to secure a place at the table....

we look forward to meeting and greeting you all...

bob and andy (beth and karen)

gomiki Apr 7th, 2009 08:42 AM

Can I look forward (with horror) to more pix of gpanda in his speedo :D

AGM_Cape_Cod Apr 7th, 2009 01:02 PM

Shame! I can hear the lust quivering in your voice, gomiki!

rhkkmk Apr 7th, 2009 07:47 PM

luckily he will be in full clothing, we hope

rhkkmk May 19th, 2009 07:40 PM

looking for europe folks

rhkkmk May 25th, 2009 06:23 AM

TTT for your imput

cigalechanta May 25th, 2009 07:01 AM

thanks for your output!
You and Karen have a nice holiday.
Did you have that photo of our Panda made into a dart board?

Nikki May 25th, 2009 07:07 AM

I'm not sure yet about our plans, but if I am in town on that holiday weekend, I will be sure to come as in the past.

rhkkmk Jul 20th, 2009 06:48 PM

the out of towners hotel has been changed from the summerfields suites in waltham to the summerfields suites in burlington, ma to save approx. $50 per nite....make your res now....there is both a pre-pay rate of $79 and a non-pre/pay AAA or seniors rate of $89

looking to hear from many of our europe board members....are you coming??

bob

rhkkmk Aug 16th, 2009 08:09 AM

i am away the next 3 weeks but will send out a reminder notice sept 7-8

rhkkmk Aug 19th, 2009 08:03 PM

ttt

cigalechanta Aug 19th, 2009 08:14 PM

Have a wonderful trip , the two of you, (Bob and his wife)

rhkkmk Sep 8th, 2009 02:48 PM

i emailed people today whom i thought have interest, but if i missed you let me know: [email protected]

rhkkmk Sep 18th, 2009 10:53 AM

GOOD NEWS THE LUNCHEON PRICE HAS BEEN REDUCED TO $30...

STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM SOME OF YOU

rhkkmk Sep 24th, 2009 10:57 AM

looking for more europe reps???

also for a fodors rep?? katie??

Nikki Sep 24th, 2009 11:38 AM

I do plan to attend the lunch on Saturday; not sure about Saturday night but it is possible.

rhkkmk Sep 24th, 2009 11:42 AM

thanks nikki....i have added you to the list

seafox Oct 9th, 2009 07:58 AM

Nikki - let's touch base on our day in Paris tomorrow....

rhkkmk Oct 12th, 2009 08:18 AM

HERE IS THE LINK TO OUR PICTURES:

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BauXDJw2aqPPo

Cries_Van_Notebook Oct 12th, 2009 06:41 PM

Oh, what wonderful photos! I am pea green with envy.

The thing that I like most is that everyone is holding HUGE glasses filled with alcohol.

I know I would feel sooooooooo at home.

Thin