Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Boston FODORS GET TOGETHER? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/boston-fodors-get-together-358896/)

Pat2003 Sep 16th, 2003 11:53 AM

Boston FODORS GET TOGETHER?

How about it?

Anonymous Sep 16th, 2003 12:16 PM

I'm in!

Pat2003 Sep 16th, 2003 12:36 PM

Anon, where and when?

ThinGorjus Sep 16th, 2003 01:26 PM

Have you emailed Mimi(Cigalechanta)about your proposal?? She lives in Boston. One of my sisters lives in Cambridge, so I would be up for it. (I went to prep school in Cambridge, also) But, I am on a tight schedule and only have vacation time between December 10 and January 4. If you decide on a date, please give me enough notice for Botox treatments/lipo/butt lift. I want to look my best. :)

leslie Sep 16th, 2003 01:40 PM

If you can arrange the GTG for either the Friday or Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, my fiance and I will be in town visiting my parents. Might be a tough weekend to have a GTG as it is a holiday weekend and the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. But then again, some people are staying home and don't want to get into the hustle and bustle of shopping.

Anywhere in Boston proper, Cambridge or metrowest would be ideal for us. And, we'll be happy to share any details about Lubeck, Germany with you, as we will have been sightseeing there a few days before the US Thanksgiving.

auntgrapes Sep 16th, 2003 02:29 PM

Depending on the date I'm interested.

Anonymous Sep 16th, 2003 03:48 PM

I live just south of Boston, work for myself, so any time or place is fine with me!

sansdieu Sep 16th, 2003 04:12 PM

I'm in too. As long as I'm not traveling at the time ... :)

Anonymous Sep 27th, 2003 10:16 AM

So?

cigalechanta Sep 27th, 2003 11:04 AM

I don't drive so anywhere in downtown Boston or Cambridge is ok for me.

SLHogan Sep 27th, 2003 12:14 PM

Count me in! Just let me know the date and time! Boston proper would be most convenient.

Tres cool ! :)

Anonymous Sep 27th, 2003 01:31 PM

ciga, I live in the burbs, and since you live (I gather) in the Central Square area, I nominate YOU to pick out a place, you'll be much better informed about suitable locations and opportunities.

I'm taking a class on Tuesdays, any other day is fine with me.

Maybe we should choose 3 possible dates and ask people which date(s) are possible for them?

cigalechanta Sep 27th, 2003 01:43 PM

Don't nominate me but any date is ok with me , Subway access for most people say maybe Harvard, central, or copely, or we can go wild at the marketplace.
Depends on the taste what others want, an irish bar? noisy? quiet? casual, etc.

Anonymous Sep 27th, 2003 02:16 PM

I'd vote for casual, but not noisy -- we want to be able to hear each other's adventures! And I think I'd prefer a place where we would have dinner around a table, rather than a bar setting. JMHO.

flygirl Oct 12th, 2003 03:26 PM

hi - keep me posted! I don't live in Boston but was just talking to a friend the other day about making a trip up there for the hell of it. I'd be interested in meeting some of ya'll if you actually have one...

cigalechanta Oct 12th, 2003 03:53 PM

And we all will look forward to meeting you! Where is it going to be Pat?

celticdreams Oct 13th, 2003 02:55 AM

Depending on the details, I'd be interested...

Nikki Oct 13th, 2003 05:47 AM

I would be interested depending on the time.

Incognito Oct 13th, 2003 05:51 AM

I think Pat is in Europe. Please someone come up with a date and time. We would be interested too but don't know Boston. We are in Manchester, NH area for a while

seafox Oct 18th, 2003 04:33 PM

How about Upstairs on the Square in Cambridge the 2nd Saturday after Thanksgiving??? It's a bit pricey, but has the style of paris.....7 PM?? Reservations will be needed...we can guess and go from there....