Reload this Page >

Borgo San Felice or Loconda dell' Amorosa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Pernille

We are looking for a nice property with good rooms. I have narrowed it down to Borgo San Felice and Loconda dell'Amorosa based on comments on this board. Which one should we chose? We are in our late 20s and would like to be close to some good vineyards. We would also like to have to option to go out to eat dinner.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:36 AM
dean

San Felice is one of my favorite wineries but I cannot reccomend Borgo San Fleice. It was a non Italian experience. You could have been in Pal Springs for all the authenticity it has. <BR><BR>The restaurant was just plain silly. We had 6 courses plus dessert and not one dish was worth the calories. pretensious, over garnished and over arranged food is not my idea of a good time. I would reccomend La Chiusa much more highly over Borgo San Felice although I have never seen the room.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 09:16 AM
LorenZ

Last April I visited San Felice. I stayed at a smaller farmhouse nearby. I enjoy the San Felice wines considerably & looked forward to visting. But I was disaapointed with my experience there. It looked pretty but just a little to antiseptic for Italy. Felt more like a Disney vineyard. And I should know I worked for them at that time. It's on top of hill with pretty surrondings. But like the other person mentioned, I to, felt the ristorante to pretentious & cost not justafiable. If you stay there there are no other cafes or ristorantes nearby. You will need to drive to all your meals that you don't have there.<BR>Do make an evening at Osteria d' Brolio.<BR>Located at the foot of Castello Brolio. Great food, view, service, they'll even stear you towards better wines if they feel the Brolio doesn't measure up to the type your selecting. There are many farmhomes throughtout Toscano. I'd keep looking.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Kay

I really liked the Amorosa. La Chiusa is famous for their meals, but I don't know about staying there. The photo looks pretty basic.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Kay

We stayed at Il Falconaire last summer<BR>and loved it. It is outside of Cortona.<BR>We had dinner at Loconda dell'Amorosa and it was delicious. The grounds were lovely. Some friends stayed there and<BR>recommend it highly. We did not see a room but did see pictures in the lobby and they looked very nice. Good luck.<BR>Kay