Borgo area in Rome

Search

Borgo area in Rome

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2006, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borgo area in Rome

I am looking at an apartment to rent in what I think is the Borgo area just South of Vatican City. The street name is Via Innocenzo 111. Does anyone know anything about this area ? restaurants, shopping, convenient to anything ?

Thanks
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:36 AM

Via Innocenzo X is not in the Borgo. It is much further south than that, so far south that I don't think it's even still in Trastevere.

It is almost on the border of the Villa Doria-Pamphili, a large park.

I've never stayed in that area of Rome, but my guess is that it would not be convenient to anything.

Enter the address at www.mappy.com to see where it is.
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:41 AM

I thought Borgo was the area between the Vatican and Castel Sant'Angelo. Which is pretty nice with good shopping and good restaurants. Looking the street up ,it's in a different area than I'm experienced with. When I travel from the Vatican to Navona, I stay on the over side of the Tiber.
Personally, I would wait to get someone with specific info about this area. Sorry I couldn't help.
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:44 AM

Eloise was tying her response as I was mine . The map does show it as inconvenient. Whoever is "selling" this as Borgo already has one strike against them for misleading the area. I'd think hard about renting from them.
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:46 AM

I think you mean Via Innocenzo III, not X. Either way, neither is in the Borgo but III is closer to the Vatican than X. It runs northwest from the San Pietro train station to Piazzele Gregorio VII, just outside the Vatican walls. Not the most convenient neighborhood, there are some stores and restaurants there, but nothing of note. It's mainly modern office office buildings serving the church.