Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   bookmarks (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/bookmarks-333722/)

soliera Mar 31st, 2008 01:01 AM

bookmarks

I'm trying to foloow a few threads re: Italy travels. Can anyone tell me is it possible to 'bookmark' the thread instead of only the site? I bookmarked one thread about Rome, but now I'm trying to save this thread on Florence, and I'm unable to,i get brought back to the previous discussion
thanks anyone

navgator Mar 31st, 2008 01:13 AM

Right click on the title of the thread and choose "bookmark link"

soliera Mar 31st, 2008 02:45 AM

Thanks, Navigator, I think it's working. duh

ira Mar 31st, 2008 04:42 AM

Hi S,

It would be so much easier if you copied the link to a Word file.

That way you could note the name of the thread, add notes, and sort it.

YOu can then retrieve the thread by clicking on the link.

((I))

Jed Mar 31st, 2008 07:03 AM

Ira's suggestion would also lessen the 'bookmarking' clutter on this forum.

BTW, I am using IE6, and when I right click on the title, I don't get "bookmark link".

I click on the title, which gives the correct URL, and add it to my 'favorites' Fodors folder. ((*))

soliera Apr 1st, 2008 02:47 AM

I have to say, those of you (I guess you call yourselves 'Fodorites') who post on this site, regularly or not, amaze me. I was able to plan a wonderful trip to the Redwoods summer '07 thanks mostly to this discussion thread site, and I know the trip would have been less wonderful without the advice of generous travellers like you. It's pretty cool to post a difficulty and have people respond in kind. You're kind. Thank you.
Ira, saving the site to a wordfile sounds like a good idea, I have notepad (I'm such a novice) but I imagine it's the same idea.
Jed, my problem was that like you say, I would R click and didn't get the easy 'save link' option. I don't know what IEG means, is it safe?

hetismij Apr 1st, 2008 03:01 AM

I use Firefox nowadays. As navgator says if you right click on the title of a thread you can bookmark it. It bookmarks just the thread not the whole Fodors Europe page, and you don't need to leave a bookmarking answer in the thread. I assume it also works like that in Internet Explorer.

ira Apr 1st, 2008 05:59 AM

Hi S,

>Ira, saving the site to a wordfile sounds like a good idea, I have notepad (I'm such a novice) but I imagine it's the same idea.

Notepad is a very, very basic text processor.

Left click "start" in the lower left corner of you screen.

Click "Programs"

You should see a link to "Microsoft Word"

It might be under "Microsoft Office".

Jed Apr 1st, 2008 11:12 AM

IE6 = Internet explorer 6. ((*))

Marie93 Apr 1st, 2008 12:46 PM

I use IE6 and it does work.

Right click on the title of the thread on the left of your screen. In the choices that come up, you will see "FAVORITES".

Click on that and it will be saved in your "Favorites" or "Bookmarks" which mean the same thing.

soliera Apr 2nd, 2008 01:54 AM

re-reading your post tonight, I realized it's IE6, not g. I don't know which version I have, but my option (among other less relevant)is 'add to favorites' which I suppose is the same thing. Initially I couldn't find what I tried to save in my bookmarks, which is why I posted. I tried all the options, until I clicked on the last, 'import IE favorites', and there they were. that only took 2 nights, because I'm fast learner.
Ira, I have a gateway that's 2 years old. Word came only as a free trial. I was too cheap to pay the price (~100$)to have it installed permanently. My previous PC (HP) didn't come w/ Word, either.
Good night and thanks for the input. We really do get by w/ the help of our friends, even ones we haven't met.

ira Apr 2nd, 2008 02:08 AM

You are welcome, S.

((I))

Jed Apr 2nd, 2008 10:02 AM

soliera - did you try "search"ing for Word?

BTW, even though it is basic, I find notepad useful. It might be just right for listing URLs.((*))