Travelling Europe in all of May and two weeks of June, 2017 from Australia, I have finalised my itinerary starting at Athens 2 nights, ferry to Santorini 4 nights, fly to Rome 5 nights, train and bus to Positano 4 nights, bus/train to Venice 3 nights, train to Luzerne 4 nights, train to Lauterbrunnen 3 nights, train to Paris, 5 nights, train to Munich 5 nights, train to Prague 4 nights then home. Looking at train schedules even though it's too early to book, i cant see problems with travelling between these places so is it ok to book hotels now, hotels can sell out well in advance particularly in some places, I have booked some with free cancellation but it is cheaper to book them in place with no free cancel or am I chancing it, should I wait to book trains first which it seems won't be for another 6 months or so. Any advice will be much appreciated...thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona tour option help please
- 2 2 week May trip with kids
- 3 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 6 Easter Week in Italy
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Airport Transfer
- 9 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 10 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 11 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 12 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 13 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 14 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 15 Which Aran Island??
- 16 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 17 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 18 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 19 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 20 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 21 Moscow Hotels
- 22 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 23 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 24 Dublin to Donegal
- 25 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade