Booking Flights to Italy...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm honeymooning in early September of next year...is it too early to book flights now? I thought so, but many on these boards have already posted.

I'm seeing Round Trips to Rome (From Boston) for $850...which according to the below post is a decent price.
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 08:35 AM

It doesn't hurt to start tracking prices now. I generally book roughly 6 months in advance, but I follow the prices and if I see a good deal, I grab it. Airlines do have occasional sales and the prices to fluctuate. If you check prices every so often, you may hit a real deal within the next few months.
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 08:59 AM

Definitely start tracking prices now but hold off on buying unless something fantastic comes along.
We went on our honeymoon to Italy last July and, in March, found tickets for $495 each, round trip, non-stop Cincinnati to Rome. The Delta sale was unannounced and only lasted about 10 hours but because I had been searching many sites for months, I ended up getting lucky.
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 09:02 AM
ira

Hi erin,

Good advice above on airlines.

Start booking your hotels now.
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 11:28 AM

In mid-October Alitalia had a great sale for a short time. I got a ticket from NYC to MIlan and then back from Rome to NYC in mid-December for $371!!
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 03:17 PM
rex

No offense, EstyOst - - but a December fare is really quite irrelevant for someone seeking a honeymoon fare in September.

I can't imagine changing the date of the wedding, to hope for a December honeymoon. And yes, I realize that the honeymoon COULD come some time after the wedding...

Still, if it's champagne you seek, then the cost of Dr. Pepper really isn't relevant.

I agree with tracking now, erinkath. I predict you will find a fare (and a routing and connections) that you like between January 1 and May 1.

Don't ignore the importance of getting the routing and departure/return times you really want.

Whatever your decisions, congratulations on your new life in marriage... and...

Best wishes,

Rex