Booking Discounted Fares on SNCF???

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:44 PM
Tony

Booking Discounted Fares on SNCF???

I am attempting to book the least expensive fare from Paris to Aix and return at the end of May. It appears that the cheapest way to do this is to book what is called the Decouverte Enfant fare (My wife and I are traveling with our two young sons). Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to book this discount online. They have another discount called a Decouverte a Deux which you apparently can book. I also want to book the Espace Famille which is four seats facing each other in second class.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible online or will I need to book by telephone? If it can be done how do I do it?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Topper

To the top for Tony.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 11:06 AM
clairobscur

Well..I was able to make all the steps needed to book 4 tickets from paris to Aix with the "decouverte enfant" fare on both the french version and english versions of the site, so apparently it can be done.

Don't forget to click on the line (in little print) "If you wich a special fare, click here" just above the number of pasengers, and you are sent to another screen where you can choose the fare for each individual passenger. "Decouverte enfants" is called "discovery child plus", apparently...

Concerning the "espace famille", you must click on the "+add services" link in the "seating preferences/class" part and you'll be able to select "seat together-4 people"

The main screen offers only a limited number of options, so you've to use these links for more detailled choices.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 05:36 PM
tony

Thank you Claire!!

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Air Lib express, http://www.airlibexpress.com, fly from Paris Orly to Marseilles at 45 to 63 euros for the return trip. The Cevenol Express runs from Paris at 0847 to Marseilles at 1918 and may be cheaper than a TGV. A night train takes the same route on Friday nights.

[email protected]