Book Ryanair Online, or Buy in London?

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:44 PM
Newcomer

Book Ryanair Online, or Buy in London?

This is only the second time I have posted on this board, and the first time I received wonderful answers, so I am coming to you with my questions again...

Is it more advantageous to buy ryanair tickets online, or can you still get the good deals if you buy them when you are already in Europe?
(I will be flying from London - Brussels)

Thank you in advance!
Paul

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:21 AM
Lillie Harty

Most Ryanait tickets are bought through www.ryanair.com and as a general
rule if you buy them some weeks before you travel you will get better value.When the flight is almost full Ryanair will charge as much as it can.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:07 AM
Mikak

A few weeks ago I booked Ryan tickets via the web for our upcoming trip in September. We booked flights from Edinburgh to Dublin and all went well. I received email notification of the booking and have my confirmation numbers. We have not used Ryan before and are looking forward to it so we can see what they are like and then report to the board here.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:14 AM
Mel

Flew Ryan Edinburgh to Dublin and back in late February. Tickets were purchased in Edinburgh several weeks in advance and ran around 19GBP RT.

We had great flights both ways. On time, planes were fine, service wasn't needed for such short trips, but the staff was friendly.

I've read on here about their baggage restrictions, but we didn't have any problems taking a 24" roller and backpack on board and returning with same plus a couple of shopping bags and one walking stick (which we checked).

They don't give advance seating assignments, but the queue is polite and moves quickly (as I've always found to be the case in the UK) and there were plenty of seats for everyone. In fact, there were four of us and we were seated together both ways.

Have a great trip!

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:15 AM
David

In February I booked a Ryanair flight from Stansted, UK to Torp, NO. Since then they have changed the departure time. They have sent me two e-mail notices so far informing me that the flight time has changed. So don't automatically delete something from Ryanair thinking it's spam.