Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Bon Voyage, Scarlett (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/bon-voyage-scarlett-507977/)

elaine Feb 28th, 2005 01:53 PM

Bon Voyage, Scarlett

Miz'Scarlett and her Yankee are leaving soon for an adventure in a Paris apartment, and I'm wishing her a bon voyage, and insisting on lots of details when she returns.
Be safe, be happy, buy shoes! :)

Nikki Feb 28th, 2005 01:54 PM

Have a great trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Underhill Feb 28th, 2005 02:27 PM

drink chocolat, scarlett, and have a wonderful time!

CaliNurse Feb 28th, 2005 02:40 PM

Bon voyage, Scarlett and the Yankee! Looking forward to details of your ParisPerfect apartment. Who's watching the poodle? Have a wonderful trip!

Judyrem Feb 28th, 2005 02:43 PM

Moi aussi!

OReilly Feb 28th, 2005 02:43 PM

Have a wonderful time Scarlett :) Check out L'Affriole on Rue Malar - one of my favorite restaurants.

http://www.whitings- writings.com/bistro_reviews/affriole.htm

regards Ger

cigalechanta Feb 28th, 2005 02:45 PM

Have a wonderful time, when do you leave? I know you'll be in your glory.

annesherrod Feb 28th, 2005 02:46 PM

Scarlett, darling.... Have a grand time in the city of Lights and Love!!!!!

Oh, I wish you could bring me back a fresh baguette with some french cheese stuffed insidE!!!!!!

indytravel Feb 28th, 2005 02:46 PM

Have fun Scarlett!

Jocelyn_P Feb 28th, 2005 02:48 PM

Please have a Laduree hot chocolat for me! I'm sure you'll have a grand time.

TexasAggie Feb 28th, 2005 02:48 PM

Be SURE to write about the shoes...!! :-)

iamamy Feb 28th, 2005 02:48 PM

Lucky Scarlett! Have a wonderful time!

alskar_stockholm Feb 28th, 2005 02:49 PM

Oh Scarlett! I fell in love with you just reading your posts, have a wonderful trip.

Robdaddy Feb 28th, 2005 03:07 PM

Hey, dahlin'!

Even though I was just there over New Year's, I am envious that you are leaving soon, and even more jealous that y'all are staying in one of those gorgeous (mais tre cher) Paris Perfect apts.

Who's minding Pup?

Bon voyage, and have a kir or 3 for me!

awbaker Feb 28th, 2005 03:42 PM

Scarlett, I always enjoy your posts, so I can't wait to read your trip report. I'm sure you will provide even more scrumptious ideas to my ever-growing list (thanks to several wonderful Paris reports as of late!) of Paris must-sees & do's!

marciabb Feb 28th, 2005 03:59 PM

Scarlett,

Thanks so much for all your wonderful posts. For a while I was worried that you LIVED HERE and would never make it to Paris. You were so helpful. Talking with the people we're renting from worked out great. They're putting together something simple and understood why I didn't want to just send a check without a deposit. I'm sure this is more than you wanted to hear in a bon voyage message but it just started pouring out of my fingers when I went to say au revoir...have a great time and I, too, can't wait to hear all about it when you get back~~~

Scarlett Feb 28th, 2005 04:14 PM

<font color="blue">Oh My Goodness!
Thank you Elaine, how sweet of you!
Thank All of you , such a lovely send-off!
We leave this weekend, there are days left for me to obsess over how many shoes do I really need! days left to stand in front of the closet and stare..

I am leaving Pup here with my daughter where he can be spoiled rotten. Only if I promise to let him ride in front and sleep in our bed will he forgive me.

marciabb, sometimes it does seem as if I live here! But I manage to escape Fodorville now and then ~

Nikki, I have been enjoying your trip report so much! I think Paris will warm up to a balmy 42 degrees when we are there and we will miss a snowstorm..but as someone said, in Paris - you never know!
Robdaddy, darlin,
I promise, I will drink a kir or several and toast you every time! ((D))

Ger, I have written down the name. All we need is your word that we will like it and it is done ~ Thank you dear.
I promise to drink and eat all chocolate that crosses my path. Cheese and bread too. (good thing I have been losing weight, I feel that I might find it all next week in Paris)
If you think of anything I have forgotten, do not hesitate to remind me .. I have days left to obsess!
Oh, and yes, I will do my best to shoe shop as well as handbag shop,as well as, well, you know....<font color="red">Thanks again, Scarlett ((F))</font></font>

Croque_Madame Feb 28th, 2005 04:26 PM

May you and the Yankee have a grand time! If anyone knows how to enjoy a city like Paris to the max, I know you do!

Surely, the reunion with your footloose, less furry child will more than make up for the temporary absence of your faithful sidekick, Pup.

Scarlett, I wish with all my heart that this trip will bring you great joy and many splendid experiences that you'll remember with a smile, long after the traveling's done!

Scarlett Feb 28th, 2005 04:29 PM

Thank you dear Madame!
Yes, I will be the typical weeping then doting mama for a week in Paris !

crefloors Feb 28th, 2005 04:38 PM

Have a wonderful trip Scarlett and make sure you stay out of &quot;hell&quot; this trip. Well, actually as cold as they say it is in Paris these days, you may want to warm up!!!!!! LOL