Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Bologna Verona Venice in July is it too hot????

Old May 12th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it too hot to get an apartment in these cities with no air conditioning? I'm planning a trip for my hubby and his cousins and I need another opinion. My opinion is you'd have to pay me to go to Italy at that time of year, but I'm a BIG baby when it comes to humidity. We live in AZ where it gets to be 120+ degrees in the summer, but we have no clue about humidity because it's tremendously dry here and we live in AC half the year.

My question is, should I even entertain apartments without AC during this time of year?
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:45 PM

I was in Venice and Bologna in early July last year. Yes, it was hot, but not unbearably so, and not as hot and humid as I expected from what I had read (it might be worse later in the month). That said, there is no way I would go and stay there in July without air conditioning!
Old May 13th, 2008, 03:53 AM

I was in Venice in July 2005 and it was OK. In fact, I went back in September 2006 and it was hotter and busier.
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:06 AM

The odds are that it will be uncomfortably hot and humid. Check www.weatherbase.com for historic average temperature highs, lows, records. It's one thing to be in your home town in hot weather (I lived in El Paso, Texas for many years) going from A/C house, to A/C car, to A/C office and back; it's quite another to be out in the heat all day sightseeing, then spending the night in a hot, humid, stuffy hotel room. Of course, you could get lucky with the weather.

We usually don't get A/C when we travel, but we have had vacation stops that ended up being unpleasant and unfulfilling because we could not sleep at night due to the heat/humidity.
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:53 AM
ira

Ditto R