Paros in November

Search

Paros in November

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paros in November

I am planning to visit sister who will be doing semester abroad on Paros. Any info on hotels which are open year round? Athens/Paros Ferry information? I know it might not be the best time of year--but is the only time I can go. thanks!
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 08:10 AM

There is a daily morning ferry all year long leaving Athens that stops at Paros. Check www.gtp.gr for schedules. It won't be necessary to book ahead, just do it at the port the day you leave.

There are some hotels on these websites that are open all year:

http://www.tinyurl.com/2e3rj23
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 08:23 AM

Depends on what you want to pay .... since it's November, good idea to stay in port town of Parikia, because most activity, busses go from there etc. A very reliable/nice family-owned hotel right on the town square is Argonauta http://www.argonauta.gr/details/index.html very good reviews from Trip Advisor (google Argonauta TA reviews) I've recommended it to friends who liked it. Low season "Rack rate" is 50€ single, breakfast NOT included... but I'll bet in November that rate is "soft" especially if you stay 3+ days. You might e-mail inquiring, saying I'm coming from x to x do you have a single @40? Orrr... if you're budgeteering and are staying awhile, you could book for just 1 night, then mosey around next day and see what looks good at a bargain like 25€!.
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 10:30 AM

You can do a lot better than €50/night in November - I don't pay that much for a modern room with twin beds and private bath even in high season. The Hotel Argonauta prices page shows low season ending on Oct 31st, so probably won't be open in November.

Since your sister will already be on Paros, she will be in a better position than any of us to locate a good room for you. Don't worry about booking a room now - November is off-season, and hotels still open will have vacancies. Just wait until she gets to Paros, let her check around, and email suggestions to you. Parikia would be the best place to look, <i>assuming that's where she will be studying and you want to be nearby</i>. There is a small chance she will be located at another part of the island, but my guess it will be in Parikia.