Hi out there,
My partner and I (in our 30s/40s) are planning a trip to small cities in Europe we might want to live in some day.
On our list so far:
* San Sebastian, Spain
* Aix-en-Provence, France
* Bologna, Italy
As you can probably deduce, we love food
I've started looking at VRBOs in Bologna and have started getting the impression that the city is a bit dark and dingy. Or perhaps it is just gray there a lot? Maybe there aren't a lot of trees? Maybe none of this is true...
If you have spent any significant amount of time in Bologna, is this somewhere you would consider living 3-4 months a year? Why or why not?
Are there other safe, beautiful, walking cities in Italy with great food you'd recommend?
Is there anywhere in the Italian lakes region that is large enough that one could regularly go out to restaurants and enjoy oneself for 3-4 months? (I am bewitched by photos of the beauty of this area, but it seems unviable for longer than a week or two.)
Finally, if Bologna is, indeed, a wonderful place -- can you recommend a hosted 2BR flat with wifi and breakfast anywhere? Or a small hotel that offers adjoining rooms?
I know this is a very particular set of questions. Big thank you to anyone who can provide any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 2 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 3 Driving
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 7 My France Vacation
- 8 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 9 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 12 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 15 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 16 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 20 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 23 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 24 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
Hi out there,