Bologna Budget Hotels

Dec 20th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Bologna Budget Hotels

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent hotel or B&B near the central historic district in Bologna, less than $100/night?
Dec 20th, 2004, 12:26 PM

Try the B&B Miramonte. We liked it, and it is at the edge but within the old town, ten minutes from the central piazza.
Dec 20th, 2004, 12:26 PM

Although normal rates aren't that cheap the San Donato (Best Western chain, NOT a modern boring hotel though) had special deals when we were there a couple of January's ago that made them cheaper than many inferior options.
Dec 20th, 2004, 12:58 PM

We really liked Hotel Guercino, for 84 euro/night. The hotel restaurant was also delicious. It is described in my trip report (Drive Fast, Eat Slow), I'll top it for you.
Dec 20th, 2004, 01:54 PM

http://ilcanale.hotelsbologna.it/

I stayed at the Il Canale on my last trip to Bologna, and was very pleased. It's an easy walk from both the train station and just about all of the sights, and rates should be within your budget.

The included buffet breakfast was quite generous and tasty.
Dec 20th, 2004, 03:48 PM

We stayed at Hotel Arcoveggio (http://www.hotelarcoveggio.it/) a couple of years ago in the winter.

The room was relatively spacious, shiningly clean, decorated in modern, bright Ikea style furniture, with a very decent bathroom. The people were very nice.

The only slight drawback is that it was a 15 minute walk (or a quick bus ride) from the city center. The walk felt safe, and the neighborhood was nice (residential), but teh walk was a bit too long and cold to pop back for a rest in the middle of the day. This caused us to discover many cafes and wine bars where we drank too much hot chocolate and red wine- so it isn't entirely a bad thing!

Have a great trip. Bologna is wonderful.