bologna and rimini

Search

bologna and rimini

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bologna and rimini

i found fodors looking for info about japan cause in august i'll be there for my honeymoon.
looking around here and there i saw an interesting topic about bologna, my city.
i'm really proud of the place where i live and me and my husband are always happy to meet foreign people so we'll be pleased to show bologna or even rimini (another city. it's by the sea, my husband come from there)to foreign tourist.
of course for free and of course if we can (we both work)
if you need write me!
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 03:40 PM

Ciao, Pavellina.

Thank you very much for your comments on the thread I started about Bologna.

One thing I have shown my wife is information on The Association for the Guardianship and Exploitation of the Traditional Culinary-Gastronomic Heritage of Italy, started at the University of Bologna. I think she likes the idea of having a home cooked meal by a Cesarina. Are you familiar with this program? Here is the website:http://www.homefood.info/index.php?o...ndard=HomePage I have submitted my application to join. They allow foreigners to join for one month under some circumstances.

I think my wife will agree to stay in Bologna for 2 days but I am trying to get her to stay for 4 days.

Would it be a simple and easy train trip to Florence for a day trip from Bologna? I have your e-mail with your posting. Mine is in my posting as well. In the future, I may e-mail you.

Grazie Mille!
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Original Poster

i'm not but my mum is familiar with cesarina program.
to be honest i must tell you my mum knows people who didn't like some of the dinners cause they were TOO familiar...I mean if i host foreign persons I prepare familiar dishes but not what I eat every day like a salad and polpettone.
unfortunately not everyone thinks like me.
to avoid this inconvenient you can have a dinner (or lunch of course) in an agriturismo (places in the country usually runned by a family. they cook what they produce.
this is one of the best i know

http://www.terredibologna.it/index.p...ENDA&ID=25

they serve you a whole meal made with what they prepared that day.
bologna is just a little bit more than an hour to florence and very well served by train.
feel free to email me to ask everythink^^
bye!
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 06:06 AM

Thank you for the information.

I looked at the website. I understand some Italian but not enough. Is the restaurant open Wednesdays through Sunday?

How far in kilometers is this from Bologna? In what direction from Bologna? Is it north, south, east, west? (We have a map of the area but I do not see the locality of the agritursimo.) Do you know the owners and have you ever stayed there before?

We are going to rent a car but not until we are ready to go into Tuscany. Would it be too difficult getting to the agriturismo without a car?

Thank you for you comments!
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

it's almost impossible to arrive there without car, it's not near the centre, about 25km and it's in the open country.
north of the city.
anyway it's just the first place that comes to my mind, i can tell you about so many places to dinning out because it's the favourite hobby for my and my-in two weeks- husband.
balsamic-vinegar dedicated restaurants, osterie, fish based restaurants...

if you stay 4 days you can have a trip of one day in santarcangelo...
keep the secret but if you want the most genuine cooking (lasagne tortellini tagliatelle piadina and so on)you must go there where in almost every restaurant is still the grandma who runs the kitchen...even in the most luxury restaurant.
must be told also that, compared to bologna, for a whole menu' in rimini zone you spend even 20 euros less in 2, usually.

http://www.hotel-rimini.com/tour-vir...elo-di-romagna

(the tour started from where i'll get married)

http://www.lazaroun.it/

(this is one of the most known restaurants in the rimini zone, we often go there too, the site is nice also cause it's shows some nice photos of the borgo.
the restaurant have some caves used as canteen)
by the way when are you planning to come?
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 06:53 PM

Our plans are not final. We will arrive in Venice on April 24 and depart May 11 from Milan. Thank you for the information you've given. I hope your wedding goes well. The link to the hotel site did not work Good luck on your honeymoon trip to Japan.