We are thinking of taking 2 kids (age 8 and 18 months) and riding around Bodensee. The only day which causes me concern is the ride from LINDAU, GERMANY to BREGENZ to ARBON. Which comes to a total of 45 kms which is too much for my child to do.
Need advice on the best way to tackle this. I checked out the ferries at http://www.bsb-online.com/fahrplan-online.html but the routes don't appear to work for us - it would take 4.5 hours, 2 stops and 2 hours of waiting to get there by ferry.
The train needs 2 stops (at St. Margarethe and Rorschach) and I wonder how complicated it is to load 3 bikes + bike trailer + 2 kids + me and my husband on the train in a matter of minutes.
Has anyone done this route with kids? What advice do you have?
Can anyone tell me how steep the incline is on this route?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dubrovnik
- 2 Malaga Christmas lights
- 3 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 4 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 5 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 8 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 11 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 12 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 13 Help with Venice Trip?
- 14 Norte Dame light show!
- 15 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 16 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 17 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 18 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 19 10 Days in Austria
- 20 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 21 Greece in end October
- 22 Champagne Tours
- 23 GTG Paris December 2017
- 24 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 25 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?