Reload this Page >

Boating on the Amalfi Coast in May

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 11:28 AM
dorrie

Has anyone hired a boat for a day trip during a stay on the Amalfi coast? If so, who did you use-was it great?

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Kay

I haven't hired a boat for a day trip, but maybe I will. I will look forward to the answers here. I have been taken out on a friend's boat and viewed the Cinque Terre from the water which was GREAT. You might start looking with your hotel. They might be able to recommend something to you. Le Sirenuse has a complimentary boat for its guests but it is not private.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 01:15 AM
Steve James

Hello Dorrie,<BR><BR>Where are you planning to stay? Here are few sites for excursions or private hire from Positano (- I haven't used them personally)<BR><BR>www.syrene.it/gennaroesalvatore<BR>www.bludream.it<BR>www.lucibe llo.it<BR><BR>Let me know if I can be of more help ...<BR><BR>Steve<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 07:05 AM
dorrie

Thanks Steve-I have emailed the first one and now will request information from the other two. We will be staying at La Fenice in Positano from the 18th of May until the 23rd.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Kay

Dorrie, we are just missing each other in Positano. I will be there May 12, out the 16th. This is my 3rd trip in 6 years to Positano. I love the place! Enjoy your trip. Kay

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 05:05 PM
dorrie

Kay-of course I must ask you what your favorite experiences on your last two trips have been?

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 09:40 AM
RobynFrance

Hi Kay and Dorrie--we are staying at La Fenice from May 13-18 and I remember reading somewhere on this board that the owners of La Fenice have a wonderful boat trip including lunch which is not to be missed if they do it. Do you know anything about that? I would love to find that information but have not been able to locate it yet. Would u please let me know if you are aware of it? Many thanks.<BR><BR>Robyn France

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 11:31 AM
dorrie

Hi Robyn-I am staying at La Fenice from May 18th until the 23rd-can't wait! I hear it is a real slice of Italy. I have also heard about the boat trips. Perhaps you could fax Constantino at the hotel and ask if he arranges them in May. I am looking into a boat trip with one of the outfits posted above to the Galli Isles and Nerano. If you go with a group of about 9, it is about $75 per person. You can also plan a private trip-the price depends on the trip and hours out. You can count on about $150 for 2 hours. Let me know what you find out.<BR><BR>Dorrie

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 11:53 AM
sandy

My friends went to the amalfi Coast last May and they said it was cold! Be adviced . . .