Wondering if the Greece experts can give me some guidance on boats from Santorini to Crete?
We have decided to start our holiday in Santorini and will be travelling mid-August from Santorini to Crete (destination in Crete unknown at this stage but likely to be Western crete as we fly home from Chania). So I am assuming the best way to go is to take a boat from Santorini to Heraklion.
I've had a look at the websites and found that Hellenic Seaways and Sea Jets both offer daily sailings in August. Both of these are in the evening - the timing on the Sea Jets boat is better as it arrives at 18:30 in Heraklion whereas the Hellenic Seaways arrives an hour later. Given that we will then have to pick up hire car and drive to our destination, ideally I would like to arrive earlier in Heraklion.
So, my question: does anyone know if there is another ferry company that might sail to Heraklion earlier in the day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arezzo - how much time?
- 2 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 3 Sleep at Heathrow
- 4 9 day trip to France
- 5 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 6 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 7 Where to See Flamenco
- 8 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 9 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 10 Keukenhaf
- 11 Netherlands- Texel
- 12 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 13 ICELAND : EAST & NORTH
- 14 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 15 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 16 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 17 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 18 2 week May trip with kids
- 19 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 20 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 21 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 22 Rail vs. Plane
- 23 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 24 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 25 Paris November 2017