Reload this Page >

Bizarro Hotel Sezz

Search

Bizarro Hotel Sezz

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Havana

Bizarro Hotel Sezz

I've looked into this new hotel (16th arr.) just out of curiousity since it's the new minimalist in town. From the photos I've seen, it seems clear (so to speak) that the bathrooms are FULLY visible from the bedrooms!?! There is a plate glass divider between the 2 rooms, but it's not a one-way-mirror type of deal - just clear plate glass. One review of the hotel refers to the "surprising bathrooms." Another calls them "peek-a-boo bathrooms." If you check out their website you'll see that the bathroom is directly behind the TV in one particular room. So you can watch your favorite show while watching your roommate using ALL of the "facilities!"

Is it just me, or does anyone else find this unappealing - to say the least?

Old Sep 15th, 2005, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a private members' club, the Hallion, in Edinburgh, where one of the suites has a two-way mirror between the bedroom and bathroom. It can be switched either way, so that the person in the bedroom can see the person in the bathroom but not be seen, or vice versa. I thought that was quite creepy.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 01:13 PM

In New York City, Bar 89 on Mercer Street has bathrooms with clear doors that automatically and instantly fog over when they are latched.

Of course it's not uncommon for people to fail to latch the door . . .

Old Sep 15th, 2005, 01:18 PM

There is a new luxury hotel in Munich that has the same arrangement--a clear glass window between the bathroom and the bedroom instead of a wall. I don't know which designer is responsible for this trend; personally I think they have some odd fetishes, or at the very least, offbeat ideas about intimacy.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 06:02 PM

Somewhere recently, I saw a photo of a pissoir that was constructed of one-way glass. I think it was at a big art exposition...maybe in Switzerland. The user could see everything from the inside, as if he were actually just sitting out there in the open. Would take a great deal of confidence to drop trou' in such an environment. Makes that hotel room sound tame...