Reload this Page >

bistros, etc. near Regent's Hotel on Rue Madame

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 03:03 PM
Lisa

Hi, I am planning our family of four's first trip to Paris. We will be visiting in mid-April 2003. I am thinking of booking a room at Regent's Hotel on Rue Madame(not Le Regent on Rue Dauphine although I understand that that is a lovely hotel, just a little more expensive than I would like). Does anyone know this neighborhood? Any nice neighborhood bistros nearby? How about breakfast places? I understand the hotel is near Ste Sulpice Square (do I have the name right?) if that helps.<BR>Thanks, Lisa

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Marty

Lisa: I love the Regent's Hotel, and I think you will be happy there. There is a corner bakery about 1 block to the right as you exit the hotel. Rue Cler is close by. As for bistro's we ate at a very good, and inexpensive one that the hotel recommended. I have looked for their card, but cannot find it. It was the something Table. You will not have trouble finding plenty of places in the area.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Christina

I think you could probably say that you will be near cafes and bistros about anywhere you stay in the 6th, without worry. There are several good places on rue d'Assas which is nearby, and you'll find tons of places to eat going towards bd St-Germain. The Cafe Parisien is nice almost at the corner of rue d'Assas and rue de Rennes. I"m not sure if this is the place Marty is thinking of, but there is a French southwestern cuisine place nearby called Table de Perigord, I believe on rue Mezieres. (I wouldn't consider rue Cler nearby, though, I'd guess it's about two miles away--anyway, I wouldn't count on it for breakfast).

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 06:19 AM
Marty

It was Table de Perigord! We were there fairly early--7 or so--so there were few people there when we arrived. They brought us a sample of practically everything they were preparing for the evening! Rue Cler is some ways away; I wasn't thinking about breakfast so much, as I was thinking you would be in that area some time in the day at lunch time.

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 11:12 AM
francesca

Helen Darroze on rue d'Assas is one of the best places in town. You do need to book.

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Lisa

Thank you for the replies. It is daunting planning our first trip to Europe, and I find the first-hand info provided here invaluable.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 06:30 AM
Paula

My husband and I recently had a delicious meal at the following restaurant:<BR><BR>Fish<BR>69, rue de Seine (near rue de Buci)<BR>Reservations recommended: 01 43 54 34 69<BR>*The entire experience (food, service, atmosphere) was very good. The gateau au chocolat was heaven.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 03:40 AM
wendy

You should try Fish, for local color, but it is crowded and noisy, an ambiance I happen to like, but not for everyone. You definitely need a reservation, and don't hesitate to ask the owner for wines by the glass suggestions, the best in Paris.<BR><BR>Closer to your hotel on the Rue Mabillon (#14) is the Bistro de la Grille, warm ambiance, faded Tuscan yellow painted walls covered in old photographs of movie stars and the neighborhood... food is wonderful, and don't pass up the Chateau Vincent Bordeaux.<BR><BR>Bon Appetit,<BR>Wendy