We've refined our plans since my last posts. Here's the latest for context. Questions follow.
Early June, 3 adults (two older, one younger) drive in rental car from Dublin to Birr, stopping at Hill of Tara for long visit on the way, spending the night at Dooly's (thanks seedee).
From Birr, we head to Buree or thereabouts for one night.
Next stop Cork for two nights, using it as a base for at least one day driving/exploring.
We're interested in landscapes, old places and working/real places, and are hoping to get a taste of the waterfront, etc. in the Cork part of the visit. We also have a musician in the group, so places with open mics or live music are a plus. The musician is also extremely knowledgeable about Irish history, and we all are interested in that, from Celts and before, as well as the last century, Georgian castles not so much.
We'll be flying out of Cork to Paris the morning of our fifth day.
stopover after Birr on way to Cork
place to stay in Cork and venues with music, etc.
coastal, waterfront stops for day trips
Some of you have already answered some of these and I thank you in advance and apologize for any repetition, but I wanted to gather the entire question in one place.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 2 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Scotland ideas
- 6 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 7 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 8 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 11 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 12 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 16 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 17 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 18 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 19 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 22 land vs river cruise
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 25 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond