Notices

Birmingham Airport

Jul 18th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Birmingham Airport

After 15 years of flying Newark to Shannon I am thinking of fly Newark to Cork with a change in Birmingham. Is an hour an 25 minutes enough time to make a connection to Stobart Air for a flight to Cork? I have done this flying through Heathrow and I and not a fan. Thanx
Jul 18th, 2015, 05:58 PM

No. You have to go through UK immigration, and since I don't think you can thru-check your luggage on Stobart Air (low cost carrier, formerly Aer Arann), you have to collect luggage, go through customs (non-event usually) and check your luggage in for your flight. I'd allow at east 3 hours, but even then, if your inbound flight is delayed, you will lose your connection and have to rebook and buy a new ticket.
Jul 22nd, 2015, 02:16 PM

Luggage collection is pretty rapid at BHX these days but depending on what time you land you may have to queue for immigration. You can for around £6:50 buy a fast track to get you back through immigration etc but I still think it's tight. If no luggage to check in and you can check in online then yes it's possible ( just)
Jul 26th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Thank You

Search this Thread