Biking through the countryside from Nemours to Sens

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the next report in what will be a continuing saga documenting my bike journeys through the countryside around Paris. No need to take notes as there's no history lesson in most of my biking trip reports. It's simply a photo journal documenting what I see along the way, which is usually very pleasant country scenery, anonymous villages and hamlets, a few châteaux and a couple of tourist worthy old small cities. I don't need to remind you to click on the link below to see the report.

http://anyportinastorm.proboards.com...ad=4432&page=1
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 07:00 AM
tod

Your photos are brilliant! Thanks so much for the lovely report. I returned from Paris on Saturday and vouch for the high temps during August!
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 03:04 PM

When the snow flies, I'm going to go back and look at all your countryside bike trips and car trips again and again. Seeing them will help me forget winter.

A lot of visitors to France never get out to see the countryside. If they only knew what they were missing.
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 12:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, I always feel sorry for the people who are unable or unwilling to rent a car in France (much less a bicycle) -- they really miss so much by not being able to wander the country roads. You can only visit so many cathedrals and museums!
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

tod - Thanks for your viewing interest. Always a pleasure to take a good photo for an appreciative audience.

Coquelicot & kerouac - We better not tell too many people how peaceful and quiet the countryside is or else it won't be peaceful and quiet anymore.
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 09:54 AM

FMT, just for fun I traced your route on Google Maps and there are a lot of towns on the map that you must have ridden through…but you have no pictures. They must have been really dead. ;-)

In the video of your ride through Vallery I expected you to fall off your bike when that lone man appeared in front of you. I think I only saw one or two others in your pictures. Very, very funny.

Keep it up. I love reading and watching your work.

DaveM
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

DaveMM - Often I stop and take a picture of the sign that says what town I am entering but sometimes I don't feel like stopping. I'm pretty sure I have pictures of most towns but I may not have mentioned them by name or maybe I didn't take a picture of the sign.

Anytime I saw someone on this ride I was somewhat startled since after a while you just expect to see nobody. It's like that pretty much anywhere you go in the country. Just wait, I've got more bike trip reports coming and you'll see for certain that this is not unique to this particular ride.

Thanks for reading Dave, always happy to entertain you.