I'm looking for a base in southwestern France, a small city, that has easy access to bike trails, public transportation, and with a good mix of cultural, geographical & historical (naturally)l interest and liveliness. I know about riding along Canal du Midi, but was hoping for something along the coast, too...a la the rails to trail route in San Remo, Italy.
So far, I've considered Montpellier, for its location and access to other places, but am open to any and all suggestions. This trip will likely be in the spring or fall, and be for about a week.
And, finally, we don't need to go riding every day, just interested as a means of enjoyment, without riding on highways or roads.
Thanks to all who may respond.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga Christmas lights
- 2 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 3 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 6 Driving
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 9 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 10 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 11 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 12 Poland--where else to go
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 5 days in Andalusia
- 15 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 16 South of France
- 17 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 20 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 21 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 22 Shall we Gdansk?
- 23 Help with Spain itinerary
- 24 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 25 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help