Culinary Spain - Cooking/Wine/Olive Oil Classes

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are leaving in a few weeks for our first trip to Spain. We are amateur cooks and enjoy our culinary experiences in other countries. In other European countries we have found excellent one day cooking courses that we have very much enjoyed. We will be staying for several days in both San Sebastian and Elciego in the Rioja area.

Would anybody be able to supply me with ideas of where we could get the same thing in either San Sebastian or Rioja? We are looking for any one day classes that involve cooking, wine and/or olive oil. I have searched the web and come up with one company, “A Taste of Spain” that provides a cooking course but at 550 Euros it is a little expensive for our taste.

Any idea would be very much appreciated.
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 11:48 AM

troberts,
In San Sebastián there is a one day cooking class for amateurs which is quite good. I recently visited the facilities. The 4-5 hour session includes a visit to the market, and the noted chef-teacher has been a mentor to Michelin starred chefs, such as Adoni Aduriz of Mugaritz. This experience is more reasonably priced than A Taste of Spain. And I can vouch for it, since I do know the person in charge.
www.pintxosanse.com
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Maribel,

You are a wealth of information. I almost feel bad that you are providing all of this wonderul travel information. I cannot begin to thank you enough.

Not sure this one will work for us as they have only Saturday classes and we arrive from Barcelona after the class time on the first Saturday and are in Elciego for the next Saturday.

I'm going to see if there is some way this can work for us a the course AND the recommendation are prefect!

Thanks so much once again!

Tim
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 06:21 PM

Hi Tim,
I suggest you email the organizer of this new program at [email protected], which is her other business. I think they might have classes on other days on demand.
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 06:24 PM

Great question! My husband and I would be interested in finding something similar in Madrid or Sevilla.
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 06:39 PM

Lesli,
In Madrid, Pilar Latorre gives gourmet cooking classes, and she's quite renowned.
www.pilarlatorre.com

In Seville, the company, A Question of Taste, organizes cooking classes with the equally celebrated chef Willy Moya.
www.aqot.com