Notices

Bike Rental for Loire--with kids

Feb 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Original Poster

Bike Rental for Loire--with kids

Was thinking it might be fun for the kids if at least once when we are in the loire we rented bikes for a short (like 2-5 mile max) bike ride. Yes I realize this is a short ride, this isn't intended to be a power ride.

We're staying near Chinon, but we'll have a car for driving around to local chateaux (Villandry, Chenonceau, Azay le Rideau) and I wondered if there are any of the Loire Valley towns that might have an hourly bike rental office and a nearby scenic trail or bike paths we might enjoy with the kids. It wouldn't even have to be anywhere specific to a chateau... for example if there was a particularly scenic path along one of the rivers, or through vineyards or through farmland... we're open to it. Our only requirements would be something that rented by the hour, had something scenic, and a safe path or quiet road to ride on.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Feb 15th, 2013, 05:22 AM

I bet you can probably find the answers to your questions on this website:

http://www.cycling-loire.com/

Many of the tourist office websites will also have info about biking, such as here on the Chinon tourist office website:

http://www.chinon-valdeloire.com/ind...tory/in-family

You can always visit the tourist offices in person for more complete info.
Feb 15th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! You know I saw the cycling-loire link on Google and assumed it was a tour company so I didn't click through it. It has so much info and I think I just found a short route that will work well for us!
Feb 15th, 2013, 09:16 AM

Happy pedaling skatterfly.

Search this Thread