Reload this Page >

BIG favor to ask if someone is going to Pisa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 10:55 AM
Patti Suttle

Hi! My name is Patti Suttle. I have been posting questions and even contributing a little for the last several months. I really love this idea of being able to share and get travel information. I have been asking questions because my husband and I are taking 8 friends to Ireland, London and Paris next summer. <BR>Here's my question and I'm kinda afraid to ask but I will give it a try! We just really started to do trips regularly so I thought I'd like to start a little collection of "nick nack's" from the places I've been to. <BR>Last summer we went to Italy and did not know we'd be going to Paris this summer. I want to get one of those "touristy" Eiffel Tower statues and start my collection. Then I thought I wish I had bought one of those little Leaning Tower of Pisa's! I thought they were too "touristy" when I was there. <BR>I would be so grateful if someone who was going there would buy me one and I would pay your mailing costs for it and for the statue as well, of course. I know this is a lot to ask, and you don't know me but I promise to pay for it! I would need just one person to commit (don't want 5 of them!). I'm sorry this sounds strange but I don't know if/when we'll get back there! Thank you! <BR>Patti Suttle

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 07:51 PM
Sue

Patti - <BR>I totally understand...last year a friend finally brought me back a minature Eiffle Tower after my years of wanting one to add to my collection. I keep these little travel figures on my desk at work to remind me of my next getaway. Unfortunately my travel plans to Italy fell through and I'm on my way to Ireland next month. Wish I could help!

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 08:07 PM
Patti Suttle

Sue-thanks for the kind thoughts! Glad I am not the only one who likes those little reminders-even if they are of the cheap variety! You will love Ireland-I have been there 5 times, in fact, my mom lives there. I have asked questions on this forum because its totally different bringing 8 friends! <BR>Thanks again and have a great time in Ireland! Hopefully, someone can help me out! <BR>Patti

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 01:27 PM
nancy

Patti, <BR>We will be going to Italy in June for a few weeks and are planning a daytrip to Pisa.The children want to see the Tower, we want to see Pisa! <BR>Of course, sometimes things happenand plans change. <BR>But I would be happy to *try* and remember to do this <BR>You can E- me at the above address, and we can go further on this. <BR>I plan on getting some of these anyway. <BR>Nancy

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 08:00 PM
Patti Suttle

Nancy-thank you for the reply! It would be great if you could get me one of those Leaning Tower of Pisa's! I will just e-mail you as time gets closer to remind you and I will give you my address, etc. We did what lots of other visitors were doing and your kids might get a kick out of it-posing for the camera like you are holding up the leaning tower-silly-yes, but also lots of laughs and our friends get a kick out of the picture! <BR>Again, thank you so much!! <BR>ps. I live in California. <BR>Patti <BR>Patti

Old Dec 19th, 2000, 03:19 AM
nancy

Patti, <BR>glad to be of help. <BR>We leave 21 June, so get me before then. <BR>My children are use to my shutterbug tendencies, and I am hoping that at 10 and 13 they will still be willing to cooperate for the camera/mom. <BR>Bribes work, "no gelato for those not in the picture" should do the trick on this trip. <BR>Have a good holiday. <BR>I look forward to hearing from you this spring/summer. <BR>nancy

Old Dec 19th, 2000, 05:59 AM
Larry

Speaking of little items, what we always try to do is to buy some small thing that we can use as an ornament on our Christmas tree. That way we can be reminded of all the wondeful trips as we decorate the tree and then while it is up for the holidays. We have found that it is quite easy to find small items that are ideal for this. Of course, sometimes they are actual ornaments as we tend to travel in October, November, and December for off season reasons, and it is easy to find Christmas items out for sale.

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 12:19 AM
Patti Suttle

Nancy-thanks! I will contact you again for sure! WE leave on June 21 for Ireland, London and Paris! We are taking 8 friends with us-will be *really* interesting! <BR>Larry-that is a great idea! Thanks! <BR>Patti

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 12:24 PM
gb

Patti, there is a website that sells those little Eiffel Towers. I'm sorry I <BR>don't know the address, but someone at BP in Paris might. And I actually saw Eiffel Towers (about 6 inches, not exactly the same as the Paris ones) at the Restoration Hardware store being used as Christmas ornaments for $6.50.

Old Dec 21st, 2000, 07:21 PM
Gail

yes, I bought one for my daughter as we were both there last June. They are sturdy and heavy.