Notices

Biel/Bienne Experts

Aug 27th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Biel/Bienne Experts

After an Aare river boat trip from Solothurn to Biel (late September), I hope to explore Altstadt and have lunch. Is it worth taking the Seilbahn up to Hohmatt/Magglingen for an easy circular hike to End der Welt? Is the scenery/view very nice? I will be going on a Sunday.
Aug 28th, 2014, 04:26 AM

Hi mokka4-
My mother in law used to live in Biel and we have been there many times. We did take a funicular to Magglingen as she used to work at the sport school up there. I'm not sure if it's the same one you are referring to. We didn't hike but we did enjoy the views up there and I think we stopped somewhere for a coffee and cake (as usual!). The Alstadt in Biel is nice and there are lots of restaurants there. Chez Rufi is good for pastries also, not in the Aldstadt but in the shopping area in Biel. Enjoy!
Aug 28th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info nicks!
Since the boattrip is so leisurely (2 3/4 hours), and it being a Sunday, I will primarily explore and eat in "just" the Altstadt, I thought a nice little circular hike from Magglingen (yes, there are sports facilities at the top, as I read) to Hohmatt, and back down might be a nice way to extend the day and views over the area (weather cooperating)!
The restaurants name is "End der Welt" ;-) .

Search this Thread