Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

1 Day Cruise stop in Cadiz & Malaga? What to see?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 04:02 PM
Marcie

We're considering a cruise that spends one day in Cadiz and one day in Malaga. Anything special to see or do? We're happy just roaming the streets to get the local flavor.Thanks

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 12:40 PM
Jim

We also stopped in Cadiz for one day but took a tour to Seville.It was worthwhile.I believe tours to Gibralter are also available from most cruise lines and that also is enjoyable.Malaga offers lots to see during a one day stay and you can walk to most.A horse & buggy ride will offer an interesting tour of the old city.Check out www.tourspain.es

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 03:41 PM
Kristi

Marcie, what optional excursions does the ship offer? From Malaga, I imagine they offer something to Granada and I would recommend that if you've never been. The Alhambra in Granada is fabulous. I haven't been to Cadiz so I don't know what you would do there; Seville, if they offer a tour from Cadiz, is beautiful with a lovely cathedral, the Alcazar and the Plaza de Espana. I would recommend Seville over Gibraltar if you're inclined to take a tour.

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 04:04 PM
sally

At Malaga, the ship might offer a trip to the Alhambra Palace. This is one of the most beautiful places in the world. You won't be sorry if you take that trip. It's about a 2 hour bus ride from Malaga, but virtually impossible to get tickets unless it's a group booking arrangement.

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 06:20 AM
frankr

The old town of Cadiz is wonderful for a wander, narrow barrio-type streets but well lit & you can't get lost - it's on a peninsula so you always arrive at the sea.Also good for cooling breezes!Try the Torre Tavira, an old camera obscura.