Shipping my motorcycle to Norway

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2014, 03:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My company has relocated me to Norway. I will be moving to Bergen within the next couple of months. I'm thinking about shipping my bike (CBR1000RR Fireblade 2012). Please advice on customs, tax, insurance and what to expect for all clearance related issues.

I don't know for how long exactly I would be working in Norway; I might be relocated again in two years or might stay there for a long time!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old Aug 14th, 2014, 05:57 AM

If your company is relocating you they should be providing you with all of this information - and paying for shipment as well I would think.
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 06:03 AM

Information on customs here http://toll.no/default.aspx?id=3&epslanguage=en I would expect that a motor bike is treated the same as a car. It will be pretty expensive - import duties work out at around 100% of value. Note the requirements for documenting how long your stay will be if you want to bring the bike into the country temporarily - it would be worth asking your company to give you a letter saying your stay will be for less than 1 year in first instance.
Note that use of a motorbike is seasonal in Norway - you need to lay-up between October and Easter.